Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Rights as Humans

30 Guaranteed Human Rights

I was reading an article about a proposal to add the right to clean water as the 31st right on the list when I realized I not only didn't know what the other 30 on the list were but also didn't know that there was ever a list to begin with.
Made in the 1948 the Universal Declaration of Human Rights describes the rights guaranteed to all people. The rights were to be thought to students of UN member nations. This leads me to question a couple of things.
1. Why have I just now heard of it?
2 Is this my school not playing its role, my state, my country, or is the world not holding up it's responsibility to tell people what they are guaranteed?
Unfortunately A quick Google search leaves me empty handed. Still I am left to ponder these questions.

I encourage anyone with access to a computer to sign this virtual petition to make clean water the 31st universal human right.
Petition

No comments: